Specific Flight Information
Make Your Reservation
- If you plan to bring supplies, tools, or extra things with you please ask to reserve extra weight. (more details below).
Receive Verification Email
- Once a reservation has been made you will receive a verification email.
- This means you have a reservation, but all requested information must be received by the date in your email before the reservation is confirmed. If the deadline passes and the information has not been received in our office, your reservation may be released.
Review All Information
- Read through this information. It includes details you will need to know for your trip.
Gather Group Information
- Why do we ask for so much information? Some of it helps us in planning for your flight - how much fuel will go on the plane, can anyone else go on your flight, etc. There is US Customs paperwork that must be submitted ahead of time for each flight. If the passenger information is incorrect MFI could be subject to large fines.
- Please follow the link to fill out the Passenger Registration information.
- Along with the Passenger Registration information, we need a clear copy of each person's travel documents (more details below).
- You will need to give us details on the baggage you are bringing (see below).
- Minors traveling without their parents need to have signed permission from their parent(s). Keep the original with you.
- Contact the missionary or director of the mission you will be serving and ask them to email us with permission for you to travel under their mission's name.
- For groups of 8 or more, please send a $1,000 deposit to reach the office no later than 2 weeks after your reservation is made or your reservation may be released.
Passport - Visa - Resident Card
- Each passenger must have a valid passport. If it is other than a US or CAN passport, a US visa or resident card is needed. We need a clear, readable copy of the whole front of the resident card or the whole picture page of the passport and visa (this includes all the letters and numbers at the bottom of the page). If you cannot easily read everything on the picture/copy you are going to send, we won't be able to read it either. Please take the time to send a clear copy.
- Check passport dates to make sure they are valid. If someone needs a new passport please encourage him/her to apply for it right away. It can take up to 6 weeks to get a passport.
- If you or someone in your group has a document other than a US passport or US resident card, we must have a US address and phone number where you/they will be staying while in the US.
Passenger Reservation Information
- Remember to submit your group information to MFI by the deadline in your verification email.
- Please submit the Passenger Registration information along with copies of each person's travel documents.
- For groups of 8 or more, please send your deposit to reach MFI within 2 weeks of your reservation being made.
Pack and Weigh Your Things
- Each passenger, 2 yrs and older is allotted 50 lb of total baggage. This is anything and everything you bring besides yourself including purses, backpacks, carry-ons, etc. (e.g. a group of 10 adults would be allotted 500 lb)
- If you plan to bring supplies, tools, etc that will bring your total weight to more than the allotted amount please let us know when making the reservation so that we can reserve the extra weight/space on the plane. This helps us with planning and allows you to take your things with you when you fly. If excess weight is not reserved it may not be able to go on the flight. The recommended contribution for extra weight is $1.60/lb.
- Have your people weigh the bags and belongings they are bringing along.
- If you have a large amount of baggage please plan to bring it to MFI the day before your flight.
Check-In or Call the Day Before Your Flight
- MFI requires that all passengers either check in at MFI or call with your team’s baggage weight by noon the day before your flight. Remember that this weight includes all baggage including backpacks, purses, cameras, and supplies for your trip. If the scaled weight differs significantly from your reserved weight, any excess baggage may have to wait for the next available flight day.
Time to Fly
- For flights departing FPR (Ft. Pierce) - check-in is at 6 am. Bring your people and things to the big open doorway at MFI. For all other flights, please call or email for details.
- Everything will be weighed, and then you may go to the waiting area until you are called for your flight.
- If you will be leaving your vehicle at MFI while you are away please fill out an envelope (small manilla ones on Staci's desk in the waiting area) and put your keys in it. We will move your car to Customs so it will be ready when you return.
- The recommended contribution for an adult round-trip is $480 to Haiti and the Dominican Republic. There is an extra fee to fly to Pignon, Haiti. These may be cared for with check or cash. If you are traveling as a group, please plan to make one payment for the group.
- Flights departing FPR generally arrive in Haiti and the Dominican Republic between 11:30 am - 1:30 pm. Flights returning to FPR usually arrive between 4:30 - 6 pm. Please call or email the day before your flight to verify the flight times.
- Please contact the mission hosting you while on your trip for specific precautions related to the area you will be visiting.
- Due to the Chikungunya Virus outbreak throughout the Caribbean we recommend that you take the following precautions while traveling.
- Reduce mosquito exposure by:
- Using air conditioning or window/door screens
- Use mosquito repellents on exposed skin with a high deet content
- Wear long sleeved shirts and long pants
- Wear permethrin-treated clothing
- Reduce mosquito exposure by:
- If you experience flu-like symptoms combined with joint pain after returning from your trip please contact your local health department.
- For more information on the Chikungunya Virus please visit http://www.cdc.gov/chikungunya/