Opportunities at Missionary Flights
Missionary Flights International has been "Standing in the Gap", flying missionaries and supplies to the Caribbean since 1964. We are well known for the beautiful DC-3 fleet retrofitted with turbine engines that are used in our 2 - 6 weekly flights to Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Bahamas, and other areas as needs dictate.
- Responsible for managing all aspects associated with passengers who are flying with MFI.
- Needs to have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- The ability to be flexible dealing with work assignments
- This position is a paid position.
The positions shown below are for supported employees and as such, you are responsible for raising your own missionary support funds to be part of our team. As you are reading this, it's our prayer that God is leading you to consider serving Him in the missionary aviation field here at MFI.
Pilot / mechanic
- Hold at least a Commercial Multi-engine pilot certificate with an Instrument Rating
- Minimum of 500 hours total time and 50 hours tail-wheel time
- Hold an Airframe and Powerplant mechanic's license
A deviation for the time and/or mechanic's license may be approved by MFI's Executive Committee.
Must hold an Airframe and Powerplant license.
Responsible for organizing and purchasing all items needed by MFI or the missionaries we serve as well as performing all the accounting for purchases. Prior purchasing experience is a plus.
Responsible for organizing and managing all of the mail and cargo as it is received and prepared for shipping to those whom we serve in the mission field. This position coordinates volunteers who assist with the warehouse activities.
Responsible for ensuring MFI's hangars and office areas are effectively maintained (e.g. repairs, modifications, cleaning, safety inspections, ground equipment repairs, etc.). This position coordinates volunteers to assist in these work activities.
Responsible for creating and implementing strategies to: (1) maintain MFI’s current donors, encouraging them to maintain/increase their financial/volunteer support and, (2), identifying new donors to support MFI. Prior experience in fundraising/donor relations is a plus.